
So last week before my sweet baby got a cold, I felt like a domestic diva thanks to 2 easy recipes I found at cooks.com. I made two batches of cookies and two batches of bread, and they where healthy too. So to help my fellow domestic divas I thought I would share these yummy, healthy, and easy recipes.
----------------WHOLE WHEAT BREAD OR ROLLS----------
----------------WHOLE WHEAT BREAD OR ROLLS----------
2 tbsp. yeast 2 c. lukewarm water (16 oz.) 1/4 c. honey (2 oz.) 3/4 c. olive oil (6 oz.) 2 fresh eggs 6 c. whole wheat flour 2 tsp. salt Dissolve yeast in water and honey for about 5 minutes. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and knead until it loosens from sides of the bowl. cover and let rise until about double. Be sure it is in a warmplace. Remove and shape into loaves, rolls, or buns. Bake at about 375 degrees until browned.
[This really is a no knead recipe, but it still turns out very soft and tasty. After it has doubled I usually press it lightly or stir it down, recover it and repeat, until I have time to bake it. This recipe will not work in the bread machine.]
-----------CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES------------
[This really is a no knead recipe, but it still turns out very soft and tasty. After it has doubled I usually press it lightly or stir it down, recover it and repeat, until I have time to bake it. This recipe will not work in the bread machine.]
-----------CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES------------
1 egg, beaten 1/3 c. oil 1/3 c. honey 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 c. oatmeal 1/2 c. chocolate bits
Mix oil, egg, honey and vanilla. Mix flour, salt and soda.Combine wet and dry mixtures. Add bits and oatmeal. Place dough by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 325 degrees.
*************************************************
I usually make these recipes concurrently. I make the bread dough first,while it rises I make the cookie dough. The cookies baking the warms the kitchen, and helps the bread rise. Then when I have time I bake up the bread. I also use Egg Replacer in both of these recipes so I can enjoy the dough. I get farm fresh organic eggs from the Clifford Family Farm , and those eggs are too yummy on their own to get lost in a baked good.



5 comments:
Could also post the recipe for your mint honey lemonade?
1 cup honey
3 T. raw sugar
1 cup lemon juice
3 drops mint exrtact
Pitcher of cold water
Mix with a wisk until fully combined. Don't forget to scrape the bottom of the pitcher
Wow, that sounds wonderful! Like bottled sunshine- I'm gonna have to try that one. Always fun to read your blog! :)
Whoops, that was me. I was posting under the wrong email. Whenever I start to feel the least bit computer savvy...
I was kind of surprised that james was posting here. Now it makes more sence. I enjoy your blog too.
Post a Comment