Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The evil that is... Monsanto


Monsanto per their website, describe themselves as:

[...an agricultural company. We apply innovation and technology to help farmers around the world be successful, produce healthier foods, better animal feeds and more fiber, while also reducing agriculture's impact on our environment.]


Sounds good right?


Well, the rosy picture they put forward is not based on reality.

Last night I was watching The Future of Food, online, at Netflix.com.

The film talks about the elimination in crop diversity and agricultural biotechnology.

The movie effectively highlights the problems with genetically modifying our food supply.

Now I knew about some the shockingly unethical practices of Monsanto before watching this film, but now my head and my heart hurts. Especially because you and I support Monsanto with a large portion of our purchases, without even knowing it. Monsanto is very anti-labeling. They don't want you to have the choice of not supporting their bottom line.

I don't have the time and ability to list all of their evil doings, but I did Google Monsanto.

Here are some of my findings:



(This is a surprisingly objective piece)


Here are some perhaps less objective sources, but still aren't just making this up.

Monsanto REALLY is this bad!






Please dear readers if you don't already know about Monsanto, inform yourselves.

I am sure that I have bought Monsanto products and due to their pervasiveness, will sadly continue to do so. But it still helps when you buy organic where and when you can.

And it never hurts to be informed.



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Dearest Jillynn, I do read your blog and am fascinated by this information about Monsanto. Thank you for informing me.-Your client