
And now for something completely different...
I love wax figures, realistic statues and mannequins, life-size dioramas and tableaus. No matter how cheesy, I am always fascinated by them. A museum seems just ok without them, almost all tourist attractions are better with them. I love immerse environments and exhibitions.
I mean it can be so laughably bad, i.e. Ripley's Believe It Or Not and The Waxworks of Newport, Or, and I still can't wait to go back. I love exhibitions with elaborate sets. I even worked as an actor in one once. The more elaborate and immersive, the better it is for the imagination. I guess that what it come down to, there is a part of my heart that still likes to play pretend. Madame Tussaud's likes to play pretend too. Hence the picture. Apparently they are Obama supporters. It is a nice image, no? I found this picture on my new favorite blog House of Wax
Tell me about your favorite place you've been that comes under this category.



1 comment:
I've only been to ONE wax museum. Therefore, it would have to be my favorite in that category. It was the Royal London Wax Museum in Victoria, B.C. I thought it was great--although I was on my honeymoon, so that may have positively influenced my opinion.
Post a Comment