Friday, December 7, 2007

Seaching for an AP Nativity...

So after over five years of marriage we have yet to pick out a nativity for our family. DH wants it to look just so i.e. style and paint job. Wile I want Mary to seem like a woman who just had a baby, a baby that she loves. Joseph to look like the man who loves her and I want animals and cute shepherds. I like the wise men, but since they weren't there that night there presence seems less important. Oh and I want Mary to have a nice face that could pass for a teenager.
Have you ever seen a nativity like that? Neither have I! The baby Jesus is almost never being touched or interacted with. He's a baby! He deserves what all babies deserve lots of kisses and cuddles, and lots and lots of breast milk. *sigh* The search continues...

Oh but check this amazingness out!

2 comments:

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

This Willow Tree one is perfect for you. Mary is even cuddling baby Jesus.

http://www.deseretbooks.com/store/product?sku=4304303

M said...

did you see Brian Kershisnik's Nativity at the BYU MOA last Christmas? Emotionally poignant. Here's a link http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/66762