
Elder Ballard has encouraged us (he was speaking to BYU Hawaii students at their commencement) to use "new media" to share the gospel and put forth accurate information. In his speech he specifically referred to blogs.
When I read this on lds.org I decided to post my testimony on my blog.
So amidst Juggling my sweet babe here it is:
Every joy I've had or will have in this life or the next is linked directly to my Savior and elder brother Jesus Christ, our loving Heavenly Father, the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
From my beautiful eternal marriage to a kind and loving priesthood holder to my ennobling role as mother to a spirit son and our beloved daughter Eve. Everything I do is blessed, guided, and beautifully affected by this church. It is no small thing to know who you are, where you came from ,and where you are going. Because Jesus Christ was willing to atone and die for us, we also know that each of us has worth and are profoundly loved. Love is the great motivating factor in all this and I do stand all amazed by it.
Within the restored gospel I have found and know that my life has meaning and value. Being a woman is a good and beautiful thing that makes me happy and honored to walk in our revered Mother Eve's footsteps. I have had too many sacred moments to every doubt the efficacy of this church.
The hope of Jesus Christ's triumph over death resonates in every members life. No one need be lost to the grave. Even if they never knew of Jesus Christ wile on this mortal coil, provisions are made for that too. Our beautiful temples see to that and the sealing of families for eternity.
I am profoundly grateful to Joseph Smith for the brave work he did and sacrifice he made for us to have the restored gospel on the earth today. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ did appear to him in a sacred grove in upstate New York as a 14 year old farm boy and earnest seeker of truth. Wile perhaps not in the way, Heavenly Father reaches out still to all his children who earnestly seek him. I know this to be true for He has reached me through the power of the Holy Ghost, and if you will earnestly seek He will reach you too.
In the holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen



No comments:
Post a Comment