Friday, December 7, 2007

Alexandria Morningside




Known as Alex in the new book "Alex and The Ironic Gentleman" by Adrienne Kress. She is my new favorite literary female. A wise 10 year you never have to yell at to not open the door for the scary stranger or other such nonsense. In any sticky situation she finds herself in she doesn't need our (the reader's) help getting out. ;) Clever and charming she is a truly refreshing addition to the literary world.
DH and I read this book together recently and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The narration is so witty I don't think I've read another book quite like it. You can't not love Alex. Really all of the characters Kress created are enjoyable in their own way. This book really is a delightful and unique read. And did I mention Alex....

Also the Author sounds pretty impressive herself check her out here .
Among other things she's certified stage combatant. Apparently she's mighty with the sword and the pen. How cool is that?


No comments: