We picked the right one.
How Barack Obama and George W. Bush spent the day before U.S. Thanksgiving
Obama Family's Thanksgiving Food Drive Visit (SLIDESHOW, VIDEO)
Nice photos from the day.
I love that he treated the people with kindness and respect.
I love that he wanted his girls to understand how fortunate they are and to give back to their community.
I love that he used his notoriety to highlight the plight of those in need.
I love that the people coming to get food didn't know he would be there.
I love that he turned to his wife and, surprised the secret service, suggested and subsequently spontaneously visited the school children.
I love the way he treats children.
I love that his family did this before he was president elect too.
I love that this is the sort of man who will be our next president, by their works yea shall know them.
I love that I voted for him!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I was extraordinarily thrilled that that was how the Obamas spent their Thanksgiving ... though in all fairness to Bush, it's not easy to just "get up and go" when you are President. The Secret Service tend to frown on that sort of thing, you know?
I wonder if President Obama will be able to do some of the same things that President-Elect Obama is able to. You know what I mean? Getting out and pressing the flesh with the masses isn't an easy thing for the President to do, so I wonder--hope--that Obama will still be able to do such charitable services as this.
(On another note, the Obamas at the food bank made me think of the movie Dave ... if you haven't seen it yet, check it out, it's very Obama-esque.)
Post a Comment