Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The joy of blog hopping and proposition 8

I googled about getting a haircut in Provo, I figured it would bring up local blogs and their reviews of local hair salons. It did and I came across a blog I really liked and on said blog were many articulate posts on Proposition 8. http://sarahandtim.wordpress.com/

I found this post especially astute.

I realize I should take a moment to say I fully support The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints's stance against homosexual marriage. Found here: http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/same-sex-marriage-and-proposition-8
And here:
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-divine-institution-of-marriage

We must support what is right, but always in an intelligent and kind way.
I have known many wonderful homosexuals and the lovely people they have wanted to spend their lives with, but I cannot condone state sanctioned marriage for them. Proposition 8 is very important.


As a side note:
John McCain believes this is a matter best left up to the states, voting for him just because of his views on homosexual marriage is rather pointless.
I'll admit that it is one of the reasions I voted for President Bush, but plenty of homosexual marriages have happened during his administration and the country's gone to pot in many other ways thanks directly to his work. So I ask where the benefit is in voting for a Republican on this matter?
FYI Obama and Biden both oppose homosexual marriage too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! It's always cool to connect with people randomly in the blogging spectrum. Agreed - it's important to stand up for our beliefs, especially in this volatile time. The interesting thing is that gay people already have all the rights that married people do... it makes you wonder what they're fighting for.

Let's hear it for west coasters!

http://sarahandtim.wordpress.com

PS: is it possible to change your comment settings so that people who aren't on blogger can comment, too? Thanks!

Sea_Gal said...

I'm not sure how...
But I'll look into it.
Thanks for visitng.