I love my friend Alisa. This post is a tribute piece to her. Who couldn't use be talked up, and She certainly deserves to be. Many years ago when I first heard Alisa speak, I admired her deeply. I wanted to start her fan club. ;) Then we had her and her husband over for dinner. They invited us over for ice cream. This continued as our families lives intertwined. We've spent good times and rough times together. We have seen each other though so much. Holidays, babies, my birth, her labor, our collective struggles and triumphs. She has grace, humor, strength, courage, conscience, testimony, wisdom, dignity, and integrity. She has had a dramatic effect on my life and I wouldn't be the woman I am today without her. Thank you, Alisa. Below is a list of just some of the ways she changed my life for the better.
- She believed me and supported me when it came to my crazy family.
- She publicly defended my decisions with said crazy family.
- She helped get DH in to school of his dreams.
- Her home has been a refuge and landing place.
- When our fiances were very tight, her and her husband just showed up with food and filled our cupboards.
- Her and her husband have always had our backs. They are the first to share in our triumphs and heartaches.
- She has taught me a lot about Heavenly Father and his love for us.
- Her honesty and grace has taught me a lot about mental health issues.
- She took me to my first Le Leche League meeting. (the meeting was canceled, but I learned what it was because of her.)
- She was the first person to talk to me about homebirth and women's bodies in birth.
- She showed me stories about unassisted childbirth. Those stories sparked the, then dormant, desire in me to have children.
- She enlightened me about yoga, circumcision, vaccinations, baby wearing, co sleeping, cloth diapers, breastfeeding, Attachment Parenting..... This list just might be endless, and I am very grateful.
- She introduced me to the AP playgroup Mamas.
- She always hugs me goodbye and it makes me feel loved.
- And one last thing, she may find surprising, her marriage is inspiring. Here is why, they have stuck out together, every piece of crap that's happened to them. Their marriage and love for each other, is rather Phoenix like and I admire that.
As I said this is just a small list of some of the wonderful things she shown, taught, and given me.
She is one of the most delightful and remarkable woman I have ever met.
Thanks for all the fun times we've shared Alisa, my life just wouldn't be the same without you.
To learn more about Alisa, visit her blog Escaping To My Happy Place



4 comments:
She's one of my favorite people as well...it's great to hear someone sing her praises, especially someone who know Alisa so well. I wish you and your family boundless love and blessings.
signed,
another fan of Alisa
Thank you for the kudos. I have been feeling lost and this buoyed me up!
I love Alisa, too! Thank you for introducing me to such a cool person. It makes sense though, because you are such a cool person yourself. Like attacts like, I believe.
I forgot to mention that I've always thought Alisa was gorgeous.
I remember when I first heard her speak, I admired her beauty, I still do. Alisa you are really lovely.
Post a Comment