
So Saturday I spent with some friends. My sweet babe stayed with her daddy and dear friends. I left here a little before 6am, popped back in for an hour around noon and then didn't return home again until 10:45pm. Where was I you may wonder? I was here. I can't stop thinking about it. She was amazing! Her birth broke away from just about every birth and labor protocol imaginable. And the fabulous outcome proves that labor and birth are something to be respected and revered, not feared, fixed or controlled. Our power as woman to birth is undermined, everyday in a myriad of ways. I was at her birth as a friend, not her doula. It was a great pleasure and honor. Her accomplishment is all hers, I share no part in it. Birth and our bodies are worthy of our trust. I have seen this now with my own eyes. I do love birth! Vomit, blood, urine, didn't phase me, surprisingly. I hope to always be there for any woman who wants me. I am grateful that the first birth I witnessed was this unhindered and beautiful.



No comments:
Post a Comment