So I realized today that I haven't taken any pictures of my family since September.
I haven't really written anything about my daughter either. You know when I was pregnant I had such high hopes that I would do a good job documenting her life. Sadly I have kind of failed. I feel bad about that. Her firsts are all a bit iffy in my memory. I'm surrounded by avid scrapbookers. I have two blank scrapbooks. I'm just not a documentor. But I feel so guilty about it. I love my sweet girl she delights me every day. We laugh together everyday. I love it when she takes my hand and leads me to what she needs to show me. I love that she is using more words everyday. I love that she is so adventurous, rough and tumble. She is so clever. How can anyone not be in awe of their own child. It feels like magic to consider that two items invisible to the naked eye became this incredible little person. I look at her in wonder and smile when I consider that the stretching rolling mass beneath the surface all those months was her.



4 comments:
I don't believe that neglecting to record some of the things you mentioned makes you a failure on any level.
You are a great mom, and you have documented so much! Eve will treasure what you have done.
Eve is rather amazing...
Isn't it amazing to see what they develop into? Eve is such a little cutie. And, as far as the documenting (or lack of it)--that's how it goes when we're too busy being parents. :) While I remember my kids' firsts, I don't necessarily remember when they happened--especially with Whitney. Sometimes, it's been the kind of thing where I finally realize they're doing something new and go, "When did you start doing that?"
I have tried to diligently record Ravenna's firsts, but I have always been that way. It is a lot more difficult with her here because I want to spend every moment with her and those moments I am not with her, I am busy doing all those "other" lovely things that make life so wonderful, such as showering.
I have been able to write down about once, maybe twice a month, a journal entry just for her. Not only is it an incredibly peaceful activity, but it helps me to reflect on what a wonderful thing it is to be a mommy, and most especially, Ravenna's mommy.
Do what you can, but if you can't, you will never regret the time that you didn't spend with her while you were scrapbooking. Luv ya!
Post a Comment