Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All of The Things I've Wanted to Blog About...

But never seem to get around to.

I thought the whole "Don't Tase Me Bro" incident was abominable, not amusing.
It inspired this interesting blog

My daughter has been trying to learn to use the potty, and it was really her idea.
When she's at home and naked we have almost total success when we're out and about not so much yet.

If like myself you are resistant to purchasing plastic toys, you may find this helpful:
My daughter has desperately coveted a baby doll of her very own. Fortunately for her I found this site, and subsequently this toy store site. From them I purchased a rubber playground ball and this doll. For now her life is complete ;)

I thought this was a beautiful news story.

I read one news story, can't find the link, that mentioned that it is illegal for youth to run away from home in some states. In fact some of those states have gone so far as to incarnate youth for running away from home. Sick, sick, sick. I had no idea.

I've also learned that recycling in Provo is not that hard, even for us apartment dwellers. Thanks to this helpful blogger, I have been saving my recyclables and have taken them to the drop-off twice now. It's quite easy. It's only a few blocks behind Good Earth.

These bloggers are looking for birth stories.

I found this tutorial very helpful, if only I had found it before my fresh coconut had gone bad.

I adore this magazine I found at the library.

This was a very tasty dish I tried recently.

I wish I was this brilliant on my own, without fabulous blogs like this to help me out.

3 Things I Struggle With:

One. I hate how it feels like there is only one way to be a "Good Mormon", those of us who are unconventional (for Utah), but still keep the commandments are constantly made to feel like we don't belong. I feel perpetually uncomfortable. I have been repeatedly chided for being myself. So now I'm nervous and distrustful. I certainly don't feel safe around my fellow sisters. Fortunately I know that this is not the gospel of Jesus Christ, just some people trying and making mistakes. It still stings though...
I especially struggle with how some of the "Mormons" around these parts will harass the unconventional ones, saying we make the Church look bad. NEWS FLASH: Being a mean and narrow minded person is what really reflects badly on the church. It's not pretty and it's defiantly inappropriate behavior for a disciple of Christ.

Two: I don't like feeling uncomfortable around formula feeders, and it's NOT because they use formula, but because of their bizarre ideas about modesty and animosity towards successful breast feeders. Note: Formula manufacturers that cheat and trick new mothers and their sweet babies out the experience they deserved, deserve our animosity, not fellow mothers.

As a third and final rant why don't more pregnant woman inform themselves. As in read, research, and seek out information. I just don't understand that....
As a by the way, dear readers, I am always happy to help with that. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I hear you about all 3 of your beefs!

Nemmer said...

Wait! I want the link about recycling...

Becca Meservy said...

Thanks for being my awesome friend. Talking with you today really screwed back in my bulbs - I'm shining much brighter now!