Sunday, January 27, 2008

Reunited with his sweetheart.


Our beloved President Hinckley has finally been reunited with "the girl of his dreams," and we must all say farewell to our beloved prophet dear. His work in the church has been impressive and his legacy is remarkable and lasting. Since April 2004, when his sweetheart passed away, I longed for their happy reunion.
But I must confess, when I learned of his passing I felt very sad. I didn't feel ready to say goodbye. I have learned so much from his teachings and wit... His voice now falls silent in this realm.

The way I learned of his passing was remarkable. We were spending a jolly Sunday evening with friends. Her cell phone told her she had received a text. It said that President Hinckley had died. We went online and the information wasn't on the news sites yet. Text poured in throughout the rest of our evening. We spoke of our happiness and sadness as we went about our evening as planned. Knowing what happens after death does remove a lot of it's sting. It is so remarkable how that knowledge changes everything

Goodbye, my dear prophet and teacher; you have given me so much.
Congratulations on your sweet reunion with your sweetheart, Marjorie.

No comments: