Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 Let there be peace


Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

There are a lot of ways to handle and approach this day.
But I hope that love and good will be what reigns.
May our good works and love for our fellow men, clean the wounds of this day.
I still remember the outpouring of goodness I saw and was a part of, in that first night and in the days to follow. I'll always remember holding sobbing strangers in my arms.

I wish we could all always be so close and kind to each other as many were in those first hours and days. The horrific images will never be forgotten, but below are how I want to remember. For far too brief a time our hearts were broken, our spirits contrite, and we loved one another.


(Yes, there were some who chose to be cruel and racist. But they shouldn't be defining.)
Candlelight vigil that night
The following day
If you look closely you can see people clapping.
It was a beautiful moment of mutual love, respect and support




Spontaneous Sweetness

On the side of my blog you'll also find a 9/11 music playlist on the Finetune Player.

1 comment:

tebazele said...

Thanks for writing about this day! It helps me to remember it in a positive light. I truly wish we could all simply love and respect one another without a crisis forcing us to do so. The world would be such a much nicer, richer place. I suppose each of us can try in a small way to make the world a better place. That's what I plan to do :)