I doubt I'll ever vote Republican again. I am so tired of how selfish the party is as a whole. Nothing matters to them but money and big business. I am tired of watching Bush mess up our great nation. In case you're wondering, yes I voted for him. And I am a completely different person that I was 8 years ago, let alone 4. I care about so much more, and he's done such horrific things I couldn't even imagine at the time. I even lost a friendship over my voting record, I wonder what she would think of who I am today. Motherhood has certainly changed me. So has the crunchy lifestyle I've espoused. For all the religious right rhetoric, the Democrats sound like better Christians. I am dumbfounded at how callous the Republican party sounds. They don't care about the environment, health care, the poor/needy/hungry, immigrants aka human beings, peace, kindness, world relations... The list seems endless. I can't believe I've even stumped for their party once (head shake and sigh)
Now of course the Democrats have their problems too. Still it just sounds like they care more. I may not believe in everything Obama says, but I feel I can trust him with our country. He cared about Darfur before most people even knew about it. I think he genuinely wants to improve things. I believe that on some level he really cares. I can't believe that about McCain.
Romney was/is the perfect example of what's wrong with the Republican party. I would have had an easier time with him if he wasn't LDS. Because he's LDS I know he knows better than he acts or sounds. During the debates he was the least Christan sounding man on stage. His voting and speech record highlighted his lack of integrity. I never once heard him say anything that reflected well on our church or him being a disciple of Christ.
We have a great privilege in our right to vote. That vote is powerful and it should be used to make the world a better place.
And to the republican party:
I'm sorry but being against homosexual marriage and abortion just aren't enough to get my vote anymore, nor do they make you qualified to be president. Oh and don't be thinking that just because you found some inexperienced pushover of a female to be vp that, that will turn my pretty little head. I would appreciate a lot more respect for my female intelligence.
Thank you.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
A very eloquent post. Thank you.
Post a Comment